August 12, 2019: "This Week in Fingerstyle" by Daryl Shawn

August 12, 2019


"The most exciting playlist on Spotify" reloaded again for a great Monday morning! "This Week in Fingerstyle" curated by Daryl Shawn! Put your headphones on or AirPods in and disappear into these wonderful sounds!

First up is "Vitamin G" by Stephen Bennett: nice and light from one of the masters. Wonderful.

"Voyage By Night" with Shai Sebbag & Maneli Jamal is earthy and mysterious with an apprehension that keeps us on the edge of our seats! Pulled me out of the last bit of Monday morning sleepy! Tremendous!

"Feel it Still" cover by Lance Allen and Mark Kroos will get you on your feet and dancing around the room even without Lance's signature coffee! I'm not a dancer, but I love tunes that make me feel like dancing and this is one! Well done Lance and Mark!

"Preludio de Adios" by Daria Semikina is beautiful romantic classical! I love this!

"Pushing Up Rainbows" by Michelle Qureshi is from her brand new "Sage" album that I believe is her most mature, settled and perhaps happiest album to date. She just seems to have settled in and found her place in the world. Calm, relaxing with just enough complexity to satisfy deeply. A master who has come into her own like sailing in on delicate wings! Check out all her music and be calm and happy for days!

"In Lak'ech" by Calum Graham, is, well, Calum Graham. Just tremendous and adds a bass here that fills any tiny musical void that Calum doesn't already manage to saturate with his brilliant playing. 

"Meet You Halfway" by Alan Shoesmith is Alan's brand new piece that is a delicate and pretty melody over an arpeggio background that just brings a warm smile like when the sun starts to light the sky at dawn! This is one to listen to as the morning clouds turn a gentle orange! Love it Alan Shoesmith! Add this one to your playlists and watch for more on the way by this wonderful talent!

"Nandemonia", the cover by Casper Esmann!!!! Whether he is playing his own original tunes or a cover I can always tell when Casper's music is playing: I just look in the mirror and if I have this big grin on my face, it's probably Casper's music! He has a way of letting that treble just ring with the rest of the range filled with beautiful sound as well! I don't know of an artist who has made me smile more times this year than Casper Esmann! I am hoping he does a live show somewhere near my hometown some day soon! I'll be in the front row!!!!

"Home" by A Jackson Sound (Andy Jackson) has that warm home & hearth feel to it that just makes you tingle! Makes me want to sit around the fireplace with the kids and grandkids!

And Daryl closes out with a talent that seemingly has no bounds: Collin Hill with a cover of "Remember Me". Collin has a depth and maturity to his playing that just amaze me! I don't think there is a technique in the guitar repertoire that this artist has not mastered and he always manages to draw on a deep well of emotion that far exceeds his age. I can't ever heap enough praise on Collin's playing and composing! I'll listen happily to anything he has ever done! Crazy good!

Daryl Shawn, thank you again for making my Monday mornings a very special and exciting part of every week!

And that's it for another "This Week in Fingerstyle" by Daryl Shawn who every week puts together "the most exciting playlist on Spotify"!

Remember to "Follow/Heart/Like" the playlist that Daryl Shawn so painstakingly creates every week!

Join us every week for "This Week in Fingerstyle" on Spotify!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 21, 2020: "This Week in Fingerstyle!"

"Artistry Tuesday" - featuring Stephen Wake

August 19, 2019: "This Week in Fingerstyle" by Daryl Shawn. The most exciting playlist on Spotify!"